One of the important plumbing services that we offer to our customers is fast emergency repairs for major plumbing mishaps. Whenever you have a plumbing problem that needs to be solved now, not when office hours begin, you only need to call our 24/7 number for quick solutions from our professional plumbers.
Of course, we can’t teleport to you. When you encounter an emergency like a toilet that’s overflowing there are steps to take to reduce the problems and the dangers of water damage until we arrive. Below is a list of what to do when you have an overflowing toilet.
- First, stop the water from flowing to the toilet by turning the valve on the feed line (the line that runs from the wall to the base of the toilet). If you have an older toilet without a feed line valve, open up the tank and lift up the float to stop the tank from filling. You’ll need to prop it up into place until the toilet is fixed.
- Second, put in the call to our plumbers so we’ll be on our way as you take care of the next steps.
- Third, remove as much water as you can that has already spilled on the floor. The water can cause damage if it’s not removed and may contain harmful bacteria. Use towels to soak up the water.
- Fourth, disinfect the area where the water was cleaned up. Do a thorough job, especially for carpeted areas.
- Fifth, use a toilet plunger to attempt to clear the clog yourself. Even if you manage to clear it out, you’ll still need the service of professional plumbers to see what caused the issue in the first place and fix it permanently.
Above all, don’t panic! If you follow these steps, you will have the trouble repaired in no time, and without any significant damage to your home.
Ken Neyer Plumbing, Inc. is here for all your plumbing needs in Uptown Cincinnati, OH and throughout the Greater Cincinnati Area.